Find your dream role
Our client, a global consultancy based in Central London are looking for a BD and Marketing Lead for one of their practices.
THE ROLE OF BD AND MARKETING LEAD:
- Looking for a team leader to oversee all marketing and business development activities. The person will be able to bring impactful change to the business through strategic leadership, experience from similar leadership roles, evidence-based decision making, and an ability to innovate.
- This person will report to senior leadership and will be responsible for budget management, overseeing event organisation, delivery of the agreed marketing and BD strategies and associated impact and team leadership. The team comprises 9 marketing and BD coordinators , 2 graphic designers and 1 marketing coordinator.
- The role will also involve coordination with the Central Marketing team who oversee regional activities as well as liaising with our press office and PR team.
- Driving business development activities to generate appropriate fee income in existing and new businesses
- Developing a digital marketing and social media strategy
- Overseeing key strategic bids and frameworks
- Planning and delivering a communication and PR strategy
- Planning and organising events, both internal and external
- Undertaking client and market research
- Working with relationship managers and business leaders to develop CRM plans and supporting the implementation of client relationship management, plans and activities
- Reviewing and reporting on trends and issues from client feedback interviews
· Overseeing the marketing and BD team with responsibility for monitoring performance, providing mentoring/guidance, identifying development and training needs, carrying out appraisals, and setting workload
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THE BD AND MARKETING LEAD:
· Have achieved CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing and be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM) and a Chartered Marketer
· Ideally be degree qualified (marketing specific or business with marketing)
· Possess proven management experience in the field of business development and marketing in a professional environment – engineering sector experience would be advantageous
· Display proven extensive experience in bid management and support
· Have a proven knowledge of procurement practices, CMR systems, client and market research and sales
· Possess strong communication, reporting and organisational skills
· Have an ability to provide constructive and effective critique
· Have strong strategic leadership skills and an ability to drive change in an organisation
· Display good commercial awareness
· Have an ability to prioritise and manage multiple ongoing activities, meeting multiple deadlines
· Be highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges