Find your dream role
Our client, a fantastic retail business are looking for an Assistant Communications Manager on a 6 month contract.
THE ROLE OF ASSISTANT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER:
- Support the implementation of internal communications projects
- Researching, drafting and publishing content and media assets (including press releases) for internal and external channels, following approval processes and briefing in creative work to the in-house design studio.
- Update intranet and manage the editorial calendar to ensure that the site remains fresh, up to date and in line with the brand and internal communications objectives. Provide single source of contact for wider business for non-technical issues.
- Plan and deliver key events as identified through the communications plan.
- Manage the Group website in line with agreed protocols and provide prompt responses to all customer enquiries received on line. Ensure that the site is upto date at all times.
- Plan and deliver the day to day social media plan, regularly sharing content, reviewing engagement, spotting opportunities for intu to comment and responding to enquiries both internal and external in a timely manner as per agreed protocols.
- Effectively manage, log and pass on media enquiries, including crisis management situations as required. Maintain the media log and ensure it is updated regularly as agreed
- Support the PR Manager in the sell in of press releases to media as per the PR plan
- Manage and proactively update media database
- Continually evaluate activity to ensure it achieves set KPIs
- Support in the production of monthly/quarterly reports, including regular cuttings reports and analysis
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THE ASSISTANT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER ROLE:
- Energetic individual who demonstrates initiative and a practical approach to managing work
- A talent for writing, evidenced through working life.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience within a communications environment
- Fantastic interpersonal skills to work across our teams and with the press.
- Digital experience would be advantageous
- Creative approach to problem solving and new ideas generation